151 N. Sunrise Avenue
Roseville, CA 95661
Tyler G. Smith, M.D.
Fellowship in Spine Surgery
Stanford University Combined Program
Internship and Residency, The Ohio State University
Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Stanford, California and St. Mary's Hospital
San Francisco, California
August 2009 - July 2010 (committed)
Department of Orthopedic Surgery
M.D., University of Nevada School of Medicine
July 2004 - June 2009
B.S., University of California, San Diego
August 2000 - May 2004
La Jolla, California
Minor: Health Care Policy
September 1990 - March 1995
- Resident of the Year, Riverside Methodist Hospital, 2006-2007
- Board of Directors, Free to Smile Foundation 2008-present
- Outstanding Medical Student in Biochemistry, 2001
- McCleary Scholarship (for outstanding Medical students), 2001, 2002, 2003
- Excellence in Academics Award, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2003
- Mensa International, member at large
- National Merit Scholar Semifinalist
- United States Whitewater Rafting Team, 1996
- Co-Captain, Intercollegiate Water Polo Team, 1992
- Indicators of Return to Function After ACL Reconstruction. Submitted for publication and podium presentation with mentor David Flanigan, M.D.
- Biomechanical Investigation of a Novel Occiput to C2 Posterior Instrumentation Construct. Current project underway with Josue Gabriel, M.D.
- Traumatic Manubriosternal Joint Dislocation: A Case Report. Currently submitted for publication. Advisor: Josue Gabriel, M.D.
- Structural Integrity of the Rotator Cuff Tendon with Various Defects, conducted at the University of California, San Francisco, AOSSM poster presentation 2001. Advisor: Stephen B. Gunther, M.D.
- Research Assistant for Lake Tahoe Orthopedic Institute, 1998. Epidemiologic Investigation of Winter Sports Injuries at a Ski Resort. Advisor, Randy Watson, M.D.
- Research Assistant for Sierra Internal Medicine, ongoing clinical and basic science investigation into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 1997-1999. Advisor: Daniel W. Peterson, M.D.
- Medical School Instructor, The Ohio State University
College of Medicine
Musculoskeletal Medicine Educational Module 2004-2009
- Whitewater Voyages River Rafting Guide School Instructor 1994-1997
- Smith, T.G. "Indicators of Return to Function After ACL Reconstruction" Mallory-Coleman Research Convocation, The Ohio State University Medical Center 2009
- Smith, T.G. "Pediatric Cavovarus Foot Deformity" Columbus Children's Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds 2007
- Smith, T.G. "Total Disk Arthroplasty of the Spine - the Near Horizon" Riverside Methodist Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds 2007
- Smith, T.G. "Occipitocervical Instability" Riverside Methodist Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds 2006
- Smith, T.G. "Infected Tibial Nonunion and Current Management Concepts" Riverside Methodist Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds 2006
- Smith, T.G. "Tibial Plateau Fractures" Riverside Methodist Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds 2007
- Smith, T.G. "Tarsal Coalition" Columbus Children's Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds 2005
- California State Medical License
- Ohio State Medical Board
- North American Spine Society Candidate Member 2008-present
- Ohio Orthopedic Society 2005-present
- American Medical Association Physician Member 2004-present
- Ohio State Medical Association Physician Member 2004-present
- Columbus Medical Association Physician Member 2004-present